Search Texas birth records
From this page you could easily access every Texas online birth database, such as Texas birth certificates, birth records, Texas birth indexes, birth notices, and other records.
The Vital Statistics Office of the Texas Department of State Health Services reserve records for births, deaths and other vital events that have happened in the state from 1903 to the present.
Following persons could order a certified copy of a birth certificate:
- The registrant
- Immediate family members
- Individuals with legal documents entitling them to apply for a certificate
- The registrant’s full name on the record
- Place and date of birth
- Mother’s and father’s full name (also include mother’s maiden name)
- Purpose for obtaining the certificate
- Your relationship to the person
- Your signature and return mailing address
Send your request including application form, a photocopy of your identification, and a money order or check for required fee ($22 per certificate copy) through mail to the Vital Records Office addressed below:
P.O Box 12040
Austin, TX 78711-2040
Mailed orders to the Vital Statistics Office will be processed within 6-8 weeks days after receipt.
You can also go to the office in person located at 1100 West 49th Street in Austin, TX. The opening hours are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
To get additional information visit http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/VS/reqproc/certified_copy.shtm